Right from launch, Origins and the Bedrock Group
We are always looking for great people. If you are a talented individual with a focus on delivering excellence, impress us with your experience, passion and drive, and there may well be a place for you in our fabulous office, working with our great team for our forward-thinking clients. Even if there are are no current vacancies listed below, we are happy to hear from new candidates at any time. Please feel free to email your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Current vacancies at Origins
Sorry, no current vacancies.
Current vacancies at Bedrock
Senior Medical Writer
Job Description and Person Specification
Bedrock Healthcare Communications is an insight-driven healthcare communications agency that creates and delivers highly effective, bespoke marketing and medical communication programmes.
Bedrock’s expertise lies in helping clients ask the right questions of their audiences, listening carefully to the answers and from these creating beneficial relationships and impactful communication programmes that drive measurable results.
Bedrock has plans for significant growth over the next three years and to support and drive this, has a vacancy for a Senior Medical Writer to join our Scientific Services team.
The ideal candidate will be one who demonstrates both skill and desire to create a range of written content, from academically focussed publications through to patient awareness and support materials. As with a position in any growing company, the role will demand a high level of flexibility and support for cross-functional team members and clients as required.
This position has been created to fulfil the growing need that our expanding business is enjoying for the development of science-based content.
Whilst Bedrock is seeking to grow its medical education programmes and offerings significantly, our roots in the translation of science to a non-scientific audience must also be maintained. A key part of this new role is, therefore, to create appropriately balanced content which engages our clients and, in turn, their audiences.
The successful candidate will be an individual who is able to demonstrate:
- Great passion, creativity with the written word and the ability to translate science into engaging content in a variety of media
- The ability to engage with any audience, internal or external about science and medicine
- Potential for working at a high level within Bedrock as the company continues to grow
- Research and write copy to highest standards (scientific, grammatical and audience-focused) for a wide range of medical education and communications materials, including: oral congress presentations, client internal communications, patient support materials, training manuals, websites, scripts, abstracts, posters, print items, multimedia and social media – plus a range of Bedrock materials as required
- Deliver high-quality content for creative medical education and communication projects that is aligned with objectives and meets specification, budget and schedule requirements – always ensuring adherence to agency SOPs and processes plus external regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Develop in-depth knowledge of therapy area(s)/market/audiences/key messages and input into the development/implementation of strategic communication plans in close collaboration with clients/account teams
- Act as scientific contact for various aspects of Bedrock’s accounts and liaise with clients, healthcare professionals, external service providers and other external bodies; includes participating at client & KOL meetings to develop written content. Includes taking minutes and producing comprehensive and evaluated meeting reports
- Maintain awareness of relevant media coverage and new developments in the pharma sector that affect clients’ and Bedrock’s business and share with the wider team
- Ensure accurate interpretation and incorporation of amendments from clients, KOLs and other project stakeholders and be responsible for proofing materials for print/production
- Provide input into budget and schedule development by advising on required writing hours and briefing/overseeing the work of freelance writers to ensure timely delivery
- Support the implementation of editorial and QC processes and procedures
- Input into the agency’s new business activities, attending pitches where required
Experience and Competencies Required
The Bedrock Senior Medical Writer needs to have the following core experience and competencies:
- Degree level or higher in a biomedical science
- Minimum of five years’ medical education agency experience in a writing and editorial capacity
- Highest quality scientific writing, with skills to adapt content and style for diverse audiences, from patients to health care professionals
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with good grammar and syntax skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Client-focused attitude
Location and Terms
This is a full-time position, based in Bedrock’s offices in Fleet, North Hampshire.
Some national and international travel, including some overnight stays, may be needed in line with client business needs.
The basic salary is fully competitive with industry averages and will take into account the individual applicant’s level of experience. An annual bonus may also be payable depending on overall Bedrock business performance and the individual’s performance versus agreed objectives.
An initial probationary period of three months applies.
*The Employer reserves the right to amend the job title and/or duties from time to time to reflect your own development or the Employer’s business needs.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
We’re very proud of our colourful and creative workspace, custom-designed by us, for us.
Watch the timelapse of it being built!
+44 (0)1252 240200
Experience your audience
Dedicated people delivering inspiring results
© Bedrock Group 2020